Obama for America
You helped build the most powerful and effective grassroots movement in America.
Now, you're helping to define how this movement will support President-elect Obama's agenda and continue to bring the change we need.
The more voices that are part of this process, the better the results will be.
And so far, the response has been remarkable -- 550,000 people completed the online supporter survey. And this past weekend, supporters organized more than 4,000 Change is Coming house meetings in 2,000 cities across all 50 states.
Take an inside look at a house meeting in Virginia. Watch the video, see photos from meetings all across the country, and share your feedback.
Supporters like you are deciding how this movement will go forward. And your dedication is incredible.
House meetings were held in 2,000 cities. In Florida there were 302 events across the state. In Pennsylvania there were 165, and Ohio had 160.
From these meetings, survey responses, and thousands of conversations on My.BarackObama and email, your ideas about the future of this organization are taking shape.
Here are a few things you shared in the survey:
- House meetings were the primary way supporters got involved in the campaign
- People are excited to volunteer around a number of top issues, including education, the environment, health care, poverty, and the economy
- 86 percent of respondents feel it's important to help Barack's administration pass legislation through grassroots support
- 68 percent feel it's important to help elect state and local candidates who share the same vision for our country
- And a staggering 10 percent of respondents indicated that they would be interested in running for elected office
Watch the house meetings video and get involved by taking the survey or hosting a meeting of your own:
Between now and Barack's inauguration, we'll continue to collect your ideas and feedback.
After the inauguration, we should be able to announce a clear plan for the future of this movement -- a plan determined by you.
Thanks for being a part of this journey to bring about change in the years to come,